RULES AND REGULATIONS
Chapter 1 - Presentation of Revista PSIQUE:
- PSIQUE is a scientific and academic journal of a format Online the responsibility of the Department of Psychology (DP) of the Universidade Autónoma de Lisboa (UAL), being the official body of the Center for Research in Psychology (CIP).
- PSIQUE's frequency is biannual and it may publish special numbers if the exception is justified.
- PSIQUE's main language of publication is English. However, articles in Portuguese, Castilian and French can also be published.
- PSIQUE constitutes the means of disseminating, par excellence, the investigation and knowledge of the scientific areas of psychology and the like, resulting from the activity developed by the DP in its various aspects originating from teachers, students or together.
- 5. PSIQUE is also the instrument for the dissemination of research and knowledge in psychology and related fields, from researchers outside UAL
- PSIQUE will disseminate the knowledge published abroad to the media that it deems to be important for UAL, DP and CIP, promoting the approximation between the professional and academic environment.
Chapter 2 - Editorial Plan
- PSIQUE magazine aims to disseminate:
- Scientific articles;
- PSIQUE may contain other scientific participations.
- PSIQUE publishes five types of articles:
- Empirical articles that present reports of original scientific investigations;
- Literature review articles that develop critical analyzes of previously published material;
- Theoretical articles in which the author develops advances on innovative or previously published theories;
- Methodological articles that present new methodological approaches, modification of existing methods or discussions about quantitative or qualitative approaches in scientific research;
- Case studies that report case material obtained from working with individuals, groups, a community or an organization.
All of them are subject to the process of arbitration review (blind peer review)
Chapter 3 - Organs and Functional Structure
PSIQUE is directed by a Director who is inherently the President of the Board of CIP-UAL and whose term of office is 2 years renewable. The Director ceases this function with the dismissal by the Directorate of CEU from the position of President of the Directorate of CIP-UAL.
The duties of the Director of PSIQUE are:
- Represent PSIQUE;
- Appoint the Editor (s) after consulting the Scientific Council of CIP;
- Enforce the approved editorial plan and policy.
- scientific commission
The Scientific Committee of PSIQUE is made up of integrated researchers who make up the Scientific Council of CIP-UAL;
The Scientific Committee is responsible for analyzing and approving the PSIQUE editorial plan proposed by the editor, namely:
- Publication quality standards and material evaluation criteria, submitted for publication;
-The issues related to format, content, editorial guidance and periodicity;
- Special editions and respective themes;
- The Counselors proposed for the Editorial Board;
- The co-editors for the various function areas to support the Editor;
- To pronounce on any other matter that the Director understands for the sake of submitting for his / her appreciation.
- Editorial Coordination - Editor (s)
- The appointed Editor (s) has a 2-year term that can be renewed at the proposal of the Director of PSIQUE. His function ceases with the dismissal of the Director
The duties of the PSIQUE Editor (s) are:
- Comply with the approved editorial plan and policy;
- Propose the designation of co-editors;
-To propose the person responsible for the Administrative Support of the Direction and of the Editorial coordination;
- Coordinate scheduling and information during the publication process;
- Receive the articles submitted for publication, do the first reading (in accordance with the approved editorial policy), forwarding them to the designated reviewers and co-editors, respectively, for supervision and follow-up;
- Make the selection of reviewers according to the scientific area in which the article is located, having access to their opinions and to all versions of the texts. For this purpose, each reviewer (a) has an identification form with the areas of knowledge;
- Authorize the publication of texts submitted after revisions;
- Coordinate the work of compiling the numbers of PSIQUE;
- Coordinate contacts with members of the editorial board;
- Provide the disclosure of PSQUE;
- Manage PSIQUE's assets;
- Call and chair the ordinary and / extraordinary meetings of the editorial group.
- editorial board
- PSIQUE has an Editorial Board made up of researchers who are internal or external to UAL, who have doctorates or recognized academic or professional competence in this scientific area, whose merit must be recognized by the Editorial Board.
- The Editorial Board is responsible for reviewing articles submitted to the journal and meeting the deadlines set for it.
- The selection of the members of the Editorial Board is carried out by invitation, which is the competence of the Director of the magazine with the collaboration of the Editor (s)
- The term of the members of the Editorial Board will be two years renewable.
- Psique's editorial board, responsible for the evaluation of published articles, is made up of at least 75% of members of academic institutions external to the host institution of Psique.
- Administrative support from the Editorial Board and coordination
The Responsibilities for the Administrative Support of the Direction and Editorial Coordination are:
- Support and assist in the tasks of the Editorial Direction and coordination;
- Keep the bibliographic record of authors and reviewers up to date;
- Maintain the magazine's archive.
Chapter 4 - Article Submission
The preparation and submission of articles for the magazine Psique Journal is subject to international scientific standards, according to the following conditions:
- Articles submitted for publication must be original and unpublished. Its authors guarantee:
- that they have done the work they present and that they are fully responsible for what is written in the articles;
- who respected the international ethical and methodological standards in force in the scientific area of Psychology, proposed by American Psychological Association (APA);
- who did not simultaneously submit the work to another magazine for publication.
- Psique owns the copyright in the publication as a whole, but each author has the right to copyright your own text; in the case of republishing it later elsewhere, reference to publication in Psique is requested.
- The submission of articles must fully follow the Instructions to Authors.
- The submission and evaluation process of manuscripts will take the following form:
- Articles are received by the PSIQUE Editor (s) and sent to two reviewers. Articles will be sent without the authors' names to the reviewers. The entire process of evaluating articles is done under the anonymity of the authors to ensure a “blind peer review”. In the evaluation process, reviewers will also be kept anonymous for authors;
- The reviewers will evaluate the articles and express their opinion on the quality of the article and the relevance of its publication in PSIQUE, being able to indicate suggestions for improvement as specific as possible for the reformulation of the article. In the event that the reviewers' opinions are at variance, the Editor (s) may decide on the publication, after analyzing the article itself, or may request another review from a third reviewer;
- Authors will be informed of the editorial decision, which may consist of:
- a) Rejected (when it is considered that the manuscript does not meet the criteria required for publication in the journal);
- b) Invited to resubmit after substantial reformulations (the theme is of interest to the journal, however, the article needs a profound reformulation). In these cases, the authors are invited to reformulate the article in accordance with the reviewers' suggestions and to resubmit to After the reformulation of the articles, these will be sent again to the reviewers for a second evaluation;
- c) Accept conditionally (through minor changes), in this case, after the changes made, the reformulated article can be accepted by the editor;
- d) Accepted (the manuscript was accepted for publication in its current form).
- Psique magazine has a maximum publication limit for an article by the same author in each volume. In the event that an author submits more than one article to the magazine Psique during a year, and in the event that these articles are approved, the editor will select at most one article to integrate the volumes of that year. This limitation does not apply to thematic issues, where the same author may have several articles, provided that articles by other authors coexist in that issue.
Chapter 7 - Financial Resources
CIP is the body responsible for the management of the financial resources of the magazine PSIQUE
Chapter 8 - Final provisions
- The cases omitted in this regulation will be resolved by the Direction of the magazine PSIQUE in a meeting of the Scientific Council of the CIP, if necessary.
- 2. The present regulation can be revised, whenever it proves advisable, by the magazine's Direction, being submitted for the approval of the Scientific Council of CIP-UAL.