The articles submitted to be published in Psique will be evaluated by two specialists in the scientific domain of the study, holders of a Ph.D. in Psychology.
The steps involved in the submission and acceptance / rejection process of the manuscripts are as follows:
- The manuscripts are received by the jornal's editor and, after a preliminary analysis, they will be sent to the opinion of two reviewers to ascertain their opinion, in the scope of a double blind peer review system. Anonymity of both authors and reviewers is preserved.
- The reviewers will evaluate the manuscripts and express their opinion on the quality and relevance of the manuscripts, given the objectives and scope of the journal and should suggest specific changes to improve the quality of the manuscripts.
- If the two reviewers do not agree on the evaluation of a manuscript, the editor will evaluate it and decide on its publication or request the opinion of a third reviewer.
Each reviewer must carefully read the manuscript and produce a reasoned report on the suitability of the manuscript for publication in Psique. The aspects to consider in the evaluation process are as follows:
- Relevance and topicality of the topic for the scientific field of Psychology;
- Coverage, adequacy and timeliness of the scientific literature analysed;
- Adequacy of methodological procedures in relation to the objectives of the study;
- Writing clarity and correction of the structure of the article, according to the APA criteria;
- Validity of the results obtained in view of the objectives and methodological procedures used;
- Comprehensiveness, articulation and depth in the discussion of the results obtained;
- Formal correction of bibliographic references, formulas and tables, according to formal APA criteria.
For instructions on ethical criteria in the editorial process, please read the Editorial Ethics and Best Publication Practices tab.
The authors will be informed of the editorial decision, usually during the three-month period, which can be:
- a) Accepted (the manuscript was accepted for publication in its current form);
- b) Conditionally accept requiring minor changes. In this case, after the changes are made, the rewritten article can be accepted by the editor;
- c) Invited to resubmit after substantial changes (the topic is of interest to the journal, however, the article needs a profound alteration). In these cases, the authors are invited to make the changes in according to the reviewers' suggestions and to re-submit it to the journal. After the articles have been altered, they will be sent back to the reviewers for a second evaluation;
- d) Rejected (when it is considered that the manuscript does not meet the criteria for publication in the journal).
Below reviewers can download the manuscript evaluation form for publication in Psique