The articles submitted to be published in Psique will be evaluated by two specialists in the scientific domain of the study, PhDs in Psychology.
The steps involved in the submission and acceptance / rejection process of the manuscripts are as follows:
- The manuscripts are received by the magazine's editor and, after a preliminary analysis, they will be sent to the opinion of two reviewers, under a double anonymous peer review system. Anonymity of both authors and reviewers is preserved.
- The reviewers will evaluate the manuscripts and issue their opinion on the quality and relevance of the manuscripts, given the objectives and scope of the journal and should suggest specific reformulations to improve the quality of the manuscripts.
- If the two reviewers are not in agreement on the evaluation of a manuscript, the editor can evaluate the manuscript and decide on its publication or request the opinion of a third reviewer.
Each reviewer must carefully read the manuscript and issue a justified and reasoned report on the suitability of the manuscript for publication in Psique. The dimensions to consider in the evaluation process are as follows:
- Relevance and topicality of the topic for the scientific field of Psychology;
- Coverage, adequacy and timeliness of the scientific literature analyzed;
- Adequacy of methodological procedures in relation to the objectives of the study;
- Clarity of writing and correction of the structure of the article, according to the APA criteria;
- Validity of the results obtained in view of the objectives and methodological procedures developed;
- Comprehensiveness, articulation and depth in the discussion of the results obtained;
- Formal correction of bibliographic references, formulas and tables, according to formal APA criteria.
For instructions on ethical criteria in the editorial process, please read the Editorial Ethics and Best Publication Practices tab.
The authors will be informed of the editorial decision, usually during the three-month period, which can be:
- a) Accepted (the manuscript was accepted for publication in its current form);
- b) Accept conditionally, through minor changes. In this case, after the changes made, the reformulated article can be accepted by the editor;
- c) Invited to resubmit after substantial reformulations (the topic is of interest to the journal, however, the article needs a profound reformulation). In these cases, the authors are invited to reformulate the article according to the reviewers' suggestions and to re-submit it to the journal. After the articles have been reformulated, they will be sent back to the reviewers for a second evaluation;
- d) Rejected (when it was considered that the manuscript did not meet the criteria for publication in the journal).
Then for download, find the manuscript evaluation form for publication in Psique