The Centre for Research in Psychology – CIP, functioning since 2001- 2002, was created under the Department of Psychology and Sociology .
Over the years it has developed research projects and established protocols with several universities, institutions and/or research units.
In June of 2014, CIP / UAL has been evaluated by the FCT – Foundation for Science and Technology with the overallrating of Good, allowing its accreditation with funding from the agency.
The CIP has been publishing the scientific journal PSIQUE since 2005.
- Production and divulgation of I&D projects ;
- Coordination and promotion of synergies between research centers and research lines already in the UAL , adding value to their particular fields;
- Provision of services, focusing also on multidisciplinary;
- Support for advanced training of human resources, particularly in the context of the evolution of the teaching career and guidance of graduate work;
- Organization/participation in seminars, conferences and activities to promote and disseminate research results.
- Instruments validation;
- Observation and analysis development of therapeutic techniques and situations
Research Line: Psychosocial vulnerability and Unstable Contexts
The motivation of the CIP-UAL focuses on the study of individual/groups psychosocial vulnerability which implies an understanding of contexts bio-psycho-socio-anthropologic and noetic contexts, which may influence the person’s/group behavior and way-of-being-in-world, in a positive or negative way. The research focused on the different aspects of vulnerability and its triggering factors and/or protectors, increases in the capacity for intervention, prevention and enhancement of self-organization conditions and complexity of the social being, inserted into a global world.
The research line of CIP-UAL is implemented through the development of both individual, and collective, research projects.